Sunday, May 26, 2013

Nicole by OPI "Sweet Dreams" - Swatches and Review

Hi readers!

Today's post is about one of Nicole by OPI's glitter toppers called Sweet Dreams from the Selena Gomez collection.

I decided to add this over Kit's Spring Awakening.  My initial idea was to do a glitter gradient at the cuticles, but that was a horrible fail so I did a full application instead.

(Click on any picture to see it full size.)


The brush is wide and thin with a square tip.


This glitter topper is a clear base with mini glitters in purple, small glitters in turquoise and medium glitters in silver.  It's a very pretty mix.


The formula is very thick, hence the horrible fail with the glitter gradient (done on my other hand).  I need to try doing it with a sponge next time, it would hopefully soak up the formula and only leave the glitters.  Anywhoo...

I only put on one coat, but I found I had to do a lot of passes with the brush for the glitters to stay on my nails.

I then followed with 2 coats of Gelous and 1 coat of Butter London Hardwear P.D. Quick Top Coat to get the nice smooth finish.


The small glitters are almost the same colour as the undie polish so it doesn't pop as much as it could over another colour (maybe black - ooo that would be nice!), but I still think these two go well together.  However, since my initial plan was to do a glitter gradient - and it looked so pretty in my head - I was disappointed with the end result.


I bought this at Shoppers Drug Mart when they had their 50% off sale on all nail polishes, and I'm glad I did not pay full price for it.  After the discount it was still $5.50 (CAD).

What do you think?  Have you tried this one?

- Chantal :-)


Share This