Friday, July 5, 2013

Loose Button Luxe Box - Summer 2013 - LOULOU Box Upgrade

Hi readers,

Today I received my very first Loose Button Luxe Box and I'm so excited!

This subscription is a seasonal box (every 3 months) that contains 7-8 trial-sized products.  It costs $26 + tx. per box and you can sometimes upgrade to special boxes, like I did with this LOULOU box.  If you go for the regular box you don't know what you'll received until you get you box, but if you upgrade you know exactly what you will get as they show you what the upgraded boxes contain.  This LOULOU upgrade was an extra $5 (+ tx.).

(Click on any picture to see it full size.)


Note: all prices are in Canadian dollars.

When I was reading my summer edition of LOULOU Magazine I came across this page and thought I should check them out.  I was looking for a new subscription box so it was worth taking a look.


Then a few pages later I see this, the contents of the LOULOU box!  There are quite a few products on that page that I want, so I really had to check them out.


And that brings us to today and the arrival of my box, yay!  And what a cute box it is; perfect for storing things or to use as a gift box.  (You can see the box cover in the first image in this post.  The black LOULOU border is a removable insert.)

When you open the box, everything is inside a nice cloth bag.



Now let's take a look at the goodies!

Clinique High Impact Mascara in Black | 0.14 oz. ($19 / 0.28 oz.)

Kicks up the volume and length of each and every lash for a look that's lusher, plusher, bolder. Pure, deep colour only adds to the impact. Wear it once and you'll feel naked without it. Ophthalmologist Tested.

I'm looking forward to trying this mascara.  I'll do an update once I try it out.

UPDATE: Read my review on this mascara.

Olay Total Effects CC Cream | 50mL - Full Size! | $24

Introducing beauty's next big trend! Olay CC Cream provides instant coverage plus correction to fight 7 signs of aging, including uneven tone, age spots, and wrinkles. This all-in-one triple stream formula combines a daily anti-aging moisturizer, SPF 15 sunscreen and sheer tint for younger-looking skin.

I've been curious about the new rage that are CC Creams so I'm looking forward to trying this out.  I'll do a post update once I do.

Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Facial Cleanser) | 1 oz. ($26 / 8 oz. )

Award-winning daily facial skin cleanser is formulated to gently cleanse, tone and melt away all face and eye makeup in one simple step, while lightly hydrating the skin. Features & benefits: Deep cleans pores and eliminates makeup build-up, natural oil extracts help condition skin, fragrance-free formula.

I've been wanting to try this brand for quite a while now, yay!

UPDATE: Read my mini review in my Monthly Empties of July 2013.

Vichy Aqualia Thermal Night Spa | 7mL ($38 / 75mL)

The first replenishing & soothing spa sleeping mask. A new ultra-sensorial texture that reproduces the soothing freshness and softness of a spa treatment. This light gel-cream envelops skin with velvety softness and is non-greasy and non-sticky.

I've never tried a sleeping mask before, should be fun.

Vichy Liftactiv Serum 10 Eyes & Lashes | 3 mL ($45 / 15 mL)

Vichy's Liftactiv Serum 10 Eyes and Lashes is a unique formula perfect for treating eye contours concerns and lashes concerns. With just use, the eye contours are illuminated and more radiant. With continued use, wrinkles are lessened and eyelashes appear thicker, shinier, and more fortified!

I just bought a new eye cream and I'd like to finish it before trying something new, but I will definitely use this one after I'm done (in like 6 months - they last so long!).

Cake Heavy Cream Intensive Hand Repair Balm | 100 mL - Full Size! | $22

This supremely hydrating formula renews and protects hands for immediate and long lasting results. Made with 20% shea butter, this warm french vanilla scent melts into skin. Cake Beauty is proudly Canadian and all of our products are made locally within Canada. All Cake products are 100% gluten free.

I've been wanting to try this brand for the longest time, I just never bought anything from it.  Obviously I had to wash my hands right away to try this cream and O-M-G it smells DELICIOUS!!!  I can't stop smelling my hands.  I can't decide if it smells like cake or icing, so let's just say it smells like a cake with icing! :-)

UPDATE: Read my review on this hand cream.

Essie Sleek Stick Nail Appliqués | Full Size! | $10.25

Re-create chic looks fresh from the runway without picking up a brush. Pre-cured UV appliqués mimic the feel of a handcrafted nail art and last up to 10 days.

I have not tried nail appliqués yet so I'm excited to try these.   Orange is not my colour, but I'll still try them.

Kérastase Elixir Ultime The Imperial | 3 mL ($54 / 125 mL)

Multi-use oil that can be used pre and post styling. Delivers purest anti-oxidants to protect color-treated hair from external aggressors. Provides ultimate shine, deep conditioning and nourishment. Offers UV protection and enhances the true depth of color with a soft floral scent.

I don't have colour-treated hair, but I'll still use this.  UV protection is always good.

Knotties Hair Ties | Full Size! | $10

Stay cool in the summer heat by keeping your hair away from your face without the creases.

My hair tends to keep the shape it's put into, so I'm curious to see if it really won't crease with this.

Just Cavalli Eau de Toilette Spray | 5 mL ($66 / 50 mL)

Just now. Just free. Just lust. Just Cavalli. Just Cavalli for her is a sexy and provocative new fragrance by Roberto Cavalli. This creamy, sexy floral opens with a dazzling top note of Neroli, an essential oil produced from blossoms of the bitter orange tree. The fragrance is followed by a magnetic heart note of the precious Tahitian Tiare flower and grounded by a creamy palissander wood accord that adds power and nobility. Fresh, intense and alluring, Just Cavalli is the scent of youth and seduction.

It's not a smell I would have picked up myself, but I really like it.  Most of my perfumes and scented products are fruity or fresh smells, so I find this smells more... womanly - if that makes any sense.  :-)



And there you have it.  There were actually 10 products in this box with an estimated total value of about $90.  Pretty darn good if you ask me!  :-)

Have you tried any of these products?

- Chantal :-)


Share This



Reactions:
Let me know you were here by checking one of the Reactions boxes above. It's totally anonymous.